Online Research Tools
The advancement in technology has opened up the opportunity for many people worldwide to educate themselves using online learning. Online learning has made it very easy for just anyone to learn a new skill and even earn college degrees without attending classes in the traditional brick and mortar schools.
Online learning has also altered the way research is being done. Now, with the click of a button, just about anyone can search and access information on any topic. But the problem lies in what source to trust and how to sift through the massive data available online.
You can use research tools to get the primary source of your information and professionally organize your research. We have carefully reviewed and prepared a list of some online research tools you should master for effective online research and learning.
Research is a time-consuming activity that will disorganize your life if you are not intentional about it. Therefore, we advise you to try out Todoist if you need a tool to organize both your personal and professional life as you do your research.
Todoist helps you make progress on the things that matter most to you by organizing and keeping track of your tasks. Thus, making sure you are not overwhelmed by your task but that you are always in control.
Todoist is a fantastic research tool that allows you to manage your projects from any platform of your choice, including laptops, desktop computers, or portable devices.
One of the exciting features of Todoist is the ability to share, collaborate, track progress, and delegate tasks with other people. As a result, this task manager can be trusted to give you peace of mind while focusing on the most important tasks to you.
- Centralized workplace for all your projects
- Todoist Karma feature award points for a completed task
- You can track your productivity progress
- It can be connected to other apps you already use on your device
- 7-Star rating
- Easy to use interface
- A task can be delegated to other people
Endnote is a multi-functional research tool that helps you in reference management to stay organized, save time, and collaborate with colleagues. It searches for information in an online database and organizes your reference in order of priority.
Like Todoist, Endnote allows you to share and collaborate with your colleagues on a common task. It is designed in such a way that multitasking is easy to achieve. With a click, your references are automatically exported into full-text PDFs.
The automatic journal suggestion and bibliography maker are vital features of EndNote, making it an efficient online research tool for you. The bibliography maker can create citations in over 7,000 styles.
- Flexible payments suitable for all level of researchers
- User-friendly design interface
- Over 7,000 reference styles in creating a bibliography
- Improved content search for both online databases and your library.
- It gives Access and helps you track progress on your projects.
- Efficient and supportive customer support.
Zotero is another research tool we advise you to give a shot if you are an online learner. It seamlessly incorporates itself into your device browsers and automatically suggests content for you.
This handy browser extension of Zotero also helps sort out your online sources into categories and creates bibliographies automatically in different styles.
Zotero is free, easy to use, and does a fantastic job in helping you organize, collect, cite and share your research with other collaborators.
- Available on Mac, Windows, and Linus devices
- Supports over 9,000 citation styles
- Automatically suggest research contents on the web
- Synchronizes your content seamlessly across different devices
It is common to come across some obstacles you can’t deal with alone while doing research. However, there is no need to be frustrated by such barriers as EduGeeksClub is where professionals are excited to help you succeed by sharing their expertise with you.
EduGeeksClub connects you with expert researchers and professional writers to teach you the nitty-gritty of thorough research. They also offer professional proofreading and editing services, so your research work looks perfect.
- Professional editing and proofreading services
- Expert researchers and professional writers
- 24/7 customer support
- Can conduct research on any given topic in any field.
RefWorks is another browser-based research tool that helps you to find the right research content from the sea of information over the internet. It also organizes and stores the researched content in an easy to share style so that your other teammates and collaborators from around the world can work on the project.
With RefWorks, your research is automatically supported with proper citations and bibliographies in any style of your choice.
- Free live training sessions to help you get the most from RefWorks
- Access to numerous books, theses, videos, audios, and scholarly journals
- Automatic generation of bibliographies in every needed style
For everyone in the science field, we recommend DataElixir as an essential research tool. The weekly publications of DataElixir on all the latest developments and data in science will be of great benefit to you either as a researcher, scientist, or an eLearner.
All you need to get started is for you to subscribe to their free weekly newsletter. Then, you will be numbered with thousands of data lovers worldwide to be informed of recent happenings in the science world.
- The newsletter covers machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and other science-related topics.
- Newsletter subscription is free
Paperpile like Zotero is reference management software that incorporates itself into your browser as an extension. It searches and imports research content from different platforms like PubMed, Google Scholar, and other educational sites.
Its ability to easily export content as PDF documents to Google Drive allows for collaborative editing with your teammates, and it works on both desktop and laptop computers.
- Accessible for Windows. Mac OS, Linux, and Android users
- Works effectively as browser extension across different browsers
- Access to researched content from anywhere
- Add bibliographies and citations to Google Docs
Online research skills are invaluable to eLearning. An excellent, effective research tool will help you find relevant information from the internet, stay focused, organized, and finish your projects timely.
We recommend you start using one of these research tools in your eLearning pursuit. You can let us know which one works best for you in the comment section.