At certain points in our lives, we carry out special and memorable events. The special events could be for celebration, commemoration, promotion or education. It could also be business-related or purely social. Planning for this type of event can be very stressful and difficult. For this reason, people look for trained people whose area of speciality is event planning. Individuals who specialise in this area are called event planners.
An event planner is a trained, extremely organised, detail-oriented and friendly person who plans how an event pan out. Event planners engage themselves in activities like creating event designs, finding a site for the event, arranging for food, decor and entertainment, etc.
The extent to which an event planner plans for an event depends largely on the size and type of the event. On many occasions, event planners possess a skill in part of the aspect of the event. This allows them to provide one or more services needed for the event.
Some event planners might have also started planning events for places where they are working before fully deciding to go into the business.
Can I learn event planning online?
If that’s you, then the answer to your question is yes. If you are starting up in the event planning business and want to know more about what it entails, then take your time to review this article carefully. The article reviews different online event planner courses to choose the one that best suits you.
9 best online event planning courses 2022
The Centre of Excellence: Event Management Diploma Course is an online event planner course introducing you to event management. The course is a great beginning to an event planning career as it will provide you with all the answers and information you need.
In this course, you will be provided answers to your questions, including; why the role exists, what it involves and what the market is like. This event management course syllabus touches on different important areas. These include; introduction to event management, the business, your clients, marketing your company and so on.
The Centre of Excellence: Event Management Diploma Course is a very good course for those with little or no knowledge about event planning. This course is a very involved Event planning course that covers a lot of information on how to succeed in this career path.
The course teaches you how to use technologies like software, online services, apps, and a website to improve your business and make your life easier.
- Certificates are issued upon completion of the course.
- It’s an accredited course.
- The course offers lifetime and study group access.
- The course is composed of 9 modules and lasts for a total duration of 150 hours.
5. IAP: Event planner certificate course online
The IAP: Event planner certificate course online teaches you what an event planner does and how to plan events. The course would teach you how to get hired as an event planner and get clients and start your own event planning business.
This event planner course has been designed so that you do not need any teaching assistance to complete it.
The IAP: Event planner certificate course online is designed to meet high academic standards. As a graduate of this online course, you can display your event planner certificate with pride.
Some of the topics covered in that course include; introduction to event planning, how to plan events, getting a job as an event planner, etc.
- Access to a faculty member to provide you with personal teaching assistance.
- Downloadable event planner certificate.
- In this course, you will get a textbook: FabJob guide to becoming an event planner (e-book edition).
- The course length is 6 weeks for part-time users and can also last for 4-6 weeks.
- 5-star rating.
3. Udemy: Successful Events: Event planning, marketing and management
The Udemy: Successful Events: Event planning, marketing, and management is an online event planner course where you would learn how to create a successful event series with growing attendance.
This course teaches you how to monetise events more effectively. You will also learn how to get publicity and press coverage for your events.
The Udemy; successful event: event planning, marketing and management course teaches you how to promote and price your event. The course also shows you different ways to make money from your event. The course is specially designed for new event planners.
The instructor for this course is named Alex Genadinik, who is an expert in business and entrepreneurship. He has coached over 1000 entrepreneurs in a total of 124 courses. He also has a 4.5-star instructor rating.
- The course comprises 24 sections, 79 lectures and lasts for a total of 7 hours 3 minutes.
- The course issue certificate upon completion of the course.
- It offers full lifetime access to the classes.
- 41 downloadable resources.
4. Qc Academy: Online Event Planning Courses
The Qc Academy: Online Event planning courses offer lessons on becoming an in-house corporate event planner or start your own business. In this course, you would gain practical knowledge and professional skills in all aspects of event planning.
You will also learn to plan for different events like public exhibitions, milestone parties, retreats and charity auctions.
The Qc Academy: Online Event planning courses provide you with different amazing Event planning online courses that would help you launch your own event planning business. The courses on this platform are approved by the International Live Events Association (ILEA), one of the most recognised events industry institutions.
- The courses are accredited.
- Certificates are issued upon completion of the courses.
- The courses offer a money-back guarantee.
- The platform offers course decision guides to help you choose the right event planner course.
5. Universal Class: Event planning 101
The Universal Class: Event planning 101 is an online event planner course where you would learn the rudiments about event planning, its importance, and how to earn a living from it. In this course, you would learn the basic skills that an event planner should have.
The Universal Class: Event 101 online event planner course takes you through the basic knowledge of event planning. You will also learn the skills you need to possess to be successful, places where you can work as an Event planner and so on.
- The course consists of 10 lessons, 22 exams and assignments.
- Four thousand eight hundred fifty-four enrolled students.
- Duration: 9 hours.
- A certificate is issued upon completion of the course.
6. Penn Foster: Online Event planning Training
The Penn Foster: Online Event planning Training is an online event planner course where you would learn how to organise and budget various events. You will also learn the business fundamentals behind the scenes to support your event planning business.
This course covers topics such as marketing basics, business fundamentals, creating event styles and themes, etc. This course opens the door for you to career opportunities in event planning and guides you in making a living by arranging events.
- It consists of progress-tracking and goal-setting tools.
- The course is accredited.
- Over 58,000 graduates.
- It has a custom-designed, mobile-friendly student portal that is available all day.
7. LinkedIn Learning: Event planning foundations
LinkedIn Learning: Event planning foundations is an online event planner course where you would learn how to manage the thousands of details that occur a few weeks or days to an event. This course also teaches you how to make sure your clients and vendors are satisfied. This course provides you with the tips, techniques and tricks to make your events a success.
The LinkedIn learning: Event planning foundations online event planner course covers topics such as; selecting a venue and understanding your client’s objectives. The course also covers other topics like getting the right technology in place, negotiating a budget and building menus.
The instructor for this course is Valerie Berry, a logistics wizard who loves making the impossible possible.
- It is a certified course.
- About 116,026 viewers enrolled for the
- It is composed of 10 modules.
8. New York Institute of Art and Designs: Online Event planning course
The New York Institute of Art and Designs: online event planning course teaches you how to master the art of event planning. In this course, you would gain the skills needed to be a successful event planner.
This course teaches how to plan various parties, fundraiser’s, conferences, meetings and more.
The New York Institute of Art and Designs: Online Event Planning Course helps to stand out in the event planning business as it provides you with the skills needed to become an expert in event planning. In this course, you will be assigned a professional event planner who will be your teacher and mentor. The professional event planner will help review your work and help you improve.
- 3-star rating.
- Access to one-on-one feedback from a professional event planner.
- Access to a team of advisors.
- The course lasts for 18 months.
- It offers a money-back guarantee after 14 days of free review.
9. IEM: Certificate program in event management
The IEM: Certificate program in event management is an online event planner course that prepares beginners and pros for career opportunities in event management. The course is created to serve as a stepping stone towards achieving a master’s certificate in event management.
The IEM: Certificate program in event management online event planner course helps you have a successful career in event planning. With this course, you will be able to compete in the event planning industry.
- It comprises 3
- Certificates are issued upon completion.
- All course materials are delivered electronically.
- Assignments are assigned at the end of each module.
The Centre of Excellence: Event Management Diploma Course is the best among the event planner courses reviewed above. This platform provides you with different event planning courses to make you excel in the event management industry.
The courses are designed to offer you the hands-on practice of what you learn and provide you with all the assistance you need.